A school sports crew is a group of pupils who take responsibility for developing sporting opportunities in a school. They have a range of responsibilities, including planning and leading lunchtime activities, running competitions, managing and monitoring equipment, and supporting the school’s healthy eating policy.
This year, our sports crew have worked closely with our local Sports Development Officer to organise
• Basketball skills competition
• Standing long jump competition
• Active playtimes activities
• Promotional material for health eating and joining sports clubs
• Sports Relief fundraising activities
In addition, they have
• Supported delivery of curriculum PE
• Kept the PE equipment cupboards tidy
• Created and maintained noticeboards promoting health and physical activity
• Acted as role models for other children by displaying healthy habits
The sports crew are currently working on bringing more physical activity into classroom lessons to get pupils more alert and ready to learn. They will be trialling a physical times tables practice game after Easter.
Please follow the link to acces information regarding Sports Premium: